Celestial greeting from Peterborough

AfroZack

Hi all at SGL, I'm Zack. 

I have always been keen on the space and all the mysterious wonders, ever since a child watching the late, great Sir Patrick Moore, and when one starts to really comprehend what is out there and the vastness of beauty known, and still unknown, one becomes humbled. 

I had a little playscope from toys 'r' us when I was a teenager. Ok for basic observation but not what I wanted.  Plus the parents would only let me stay up to 10pm (and in this line of study, 10pm is no suitable finishing time... ;-) I have the urge to see more! and now I have reached the ripe old age of 31, I have finally been able to get some equipment and now can explore with more freedom, and that is my mission. 

I often like to go camping with the neighbours or the girlfriend, and now I bring the scope with any chance I get. I  I have recently just purchased a Cannon 30D so looking to to get some fantastic pictures but gotta learn and practice. and looking around this forum I have seen a lot of helpful tips, so I would like to join in this community, and share my experiences with :-) 

Welcome to SGL Zack. There's a few of us imagers on the forum!! If you are just starting out can I recommend the book 'Making Every Photon Count'. This is available from the FLO website in the book section. It really is something of an imaging bible and will really help you along the way.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley: If there's any questions then ask away!

Archived