NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my only successful image from Keilder,  and I cant even take full credit for it, Soupy aimed my camera, focused it , and set up APT for me (60 x 10 second exposures,  fixed camera tripod,  50mm canon lens wide open at F1.8)  stacked in dss with about 10 dark frames (yes I remembered to do them for once)
keystone_zpsxytp2bwi.jpg

Nice image Leigh, and you appear to have captured M13 nicely in "The Keystone" of Hercules ;)

I'm starting to pick this astronomy business up.......

I can't seem to get the image to show on the mobile not sure if anyone else is having trouble? How and what type of files are you uploading leigh? I normally use the more reply options box at the bottom right of thereply box and then choose file to the bottom left when the next reply window comes up. I also use JPEG's

Nice image Leigh, and you appear to have captured M13 nicely in "The Keystone" of Hercules ;)

I'm starting to pick this astronomy business up.......

That's after just one weekend at Kielder!

Out several time's during my night shift and it was clear all night

Lovely morning managed to see Saturn naked eye

It's coming into opposition at the end of the month so will be at its brightest soon as well.

Nice Hercules Leigh, with both M13 and M92 visible! I only started it off for you, you have done the dirty work and processed it mate! ;)

Oh yes, M92 also! I have just looked up where it is as I hadn't realised there was another Messier object so close by.

Well done Leigh and Soupy ;)

Oh yes, M92 also! I have just looked up where it is as I hadn't realised there was another Messier object so close by.

Well done Leigh and Soupy ;)

Tut think you need another trip to Kielder Vicky and lesson two

Tut think you need another trip to Kielder Vicky and lesson two

Yup, think I just might need another lesson, as The Oracle (that is yourself) failed to fully educate me on all the Mapstar...... erm, I mean Messier objects during lesson one lol ;)

Archived