Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All here and enjoying a beer!

Just checked forecast, not too good for tonight too cloudy, although we have seen the Moon, Jupiter, Leo and Vega.

Forecast for tomorrow looking great from 10pm right through to Sunday morning. Could be a winner ;)

Stunningly beautiful, dark, clear skies over Kielder this evening.

Thank you Soupy and the rest of the WADAS gang for a memorable weekend.

Loved every minute of it..... even Damian's gentle stroll in the forest.....

Single unprocessed image of The Milky Way taken this evening - thank you again Soupy :)

post-39306-0-80877900-1430014253_thumb.j

I've made a solar filter for my celestron 127 mark works really well if not a bit milky as lee from Greenwhitch said it would be with baader film. Would love to try a wedge to see what the difference would be

Mark

Forgat to say, if you are ever observing with Damian, don't bother with a star chart etc, he is a living breathing human one, :)

So I've heard just don't know how he dose it I forget we're I live some times lol never mind were stars, galaxies and nebula are and there names

Mark

Cheers Guys, I've got to admit I'm a bit out of practice though.

Soupy has just dropped me and my gear back home and thanks buddy you sure deserve a medal for putting up with us all again, and being dad too.

Had a great time although I wish my health would've been better as I would've been up a lot longer to peruse the moonless skies of kielder.

Thanks to all for making it a pleasure and apologies to Vicky for the Wadas fitness walk

Damian

slightly OT but have emailed a photo agency a couple of my average  rally pics,  they are interested in seeing the better ones,   didn't expect an answer until tomorrow, but press have deadlines I guiess so work 24/7

Ended up stopping for another coke in the cafe whilst Luke took some photos of the birds. Got home around 7pm and made the mistake of sitting down before I had unpacked the car! Thank you Soupy for your hospitality. Had a fabulous weekend, and just telling the tale of the WADAS fitness walk has had me in stitches (again). Definitely one for the memory bank. Thank you everyone for a very special weekend :)

Hi guys! Sorry haven't been around for a little while - muscles still aching a bit from my crash. Sounds like you guys had a fab time in Kielder - very jealous! Perhaps next time.... See you soon - look forward to seeing all the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morning all,

Looking at moving to Wakefield start of next year, been commuting here for 6 years for far too much money so time to get my own place. But I was wondering how far out of the city itself do you need to go for good skies, if there are any? As the garden and sky quality has to be a factor for house hunting!

Matt.

Archived