NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My daughters is today glad I'm not mum having to sit and wait for all that girly pampering. Pampered the car instead ready to drop her and her friend off after their horse carriage ride

Your car is always immaculate anyway lol. Hope she has a lovely evening. I'm glad Sophie isn't a really girly girl, as we have just got the hairdressers for them to do her hair as we are both really bad at doing hair! Think her and 4 of her friends are going in a WW2 jeep or something - I don't know, getting info out of her is hopeless! I'm just looking forward to seeing her dressed up, as she takes after me and normally doesn't 'do' dresses. She has even said I can take some photos, which is a first. It's all Americanised things coming over costing us a fortune anyway. Bar humbug ;)

twitter account for the falcons.  https://twitter.com/wfldperegrines

Thanks for that Chris, I thought I had shared their Twitter details previously, but looking back I don't think I did.

I shared my photo with them earlier today, and they advised that it looked like the female however it was not easy to tell as you need to look for her horizontal bars :)

Thanks for that Chris, I thought I had shared their Twitter details previously, but looking back I don't think I did.

I shared my photo with them earlier today, and they advised that it looked like the female however it was not easy to tell as you need to look for her horizontal bars :)

You could have shared there twitter but ive been so busy lately ive just been speed reading the forum at lunch times! Ive got a great view point of them from the 3rd floor of my office window in town

You could have shared there twitter but ive been so busy lately ive just been speed reading the forum at lunch times! Ive got a great view point of them from the 3rd floor of my office window in town

Think you need to take a camera to work to take some photos :)

Your car is always immaculate anyway lol. Hope she has a lovely evening. I'm glad Sophie isn't a really girly girl, as we have just got the hairdressers for them to do her hair as we are both really bad at doing hair! Think her and 4 of her friends are going in a WW2 jeep or something - I don't know, getting info out of her is hopeless! I'm just looking forward to seeing her dressed up, as she takes after me and normally doesn't 'do' dresses. She has even said I can take some photos, which is a first. It's all Americanised things coming over costing us a fortune anyway. Bar humbug ;)

Just got back after being chief photographer needed a few lessons from Sis and Soupy on the workings of the DSLR but after that I was well away.

Daughter was having a great time and all her friends. Yes it's Americanism creeping in but they only leave school once.

Damian

Glad it went well Damian. You managed the camera without any input from me :) I know proms are a pain and mighty expensive, I had twins go through it last year so feel your pain, but it is lovely to see them looking all dressed up and it is a big step up leaving high school so I would say worth it.

Think I might start hiring out the truck though! Once I get extra seats fitted it will take 8 in the back, gotta be a market if it works for a WW2 jeep ;)

I have new Astro gear!!!!

At least I got mine at the right time of year, when it's pointless getting scopes out so it can be cloudy all it likes.

2" O111 filter, laser collimator and a SW AZ GOTO mount. Roll on late July when I can get a chance to use it in anger. Plus point is the synscan handset also works on my 12" dob, to aid my quest for faint PN's and for lazy viewing :-) but it'll primarily be used with my f5 frac in the caravan.

I also might have a new ep incoming, but that's a little pressie for myself.........secret, sushhhhhh!

I have new Astro gear!!!!

At least I got mine at the right time of year, when it's pointless getting scopes out so it can be cloudy all it likes.

2" O111 filter, laser collimator and a SW AZ GOTO mount. Roll on late July when I can get a chance to use it in anger. Plus point is the synscan handset also works on my 12" dob, to aid my quest for faint PN's and for lazy viewing :-) but it'll primarily be used with my f5 frac in the caravan.

I also might have a new ep incoming, but that's a little pressie for myself.........secret, sushhhhhh!

Some filters and eye pieces are on my shopping list although as everyone knows I need the scope to go with them he he

As Damian says that's great we even got a mention in Sammy! And by far the biggest mention as well?

Think I should be there for about 8.30ish to set up I believe it opens at 10.

Sounds like some nice new kit there Nick! And as you say the right time of the year as well, only thing is you'll be itching to use the stuff but won't be able to. Roll on end of July ;)

Archived