Hello to All

Alan from Acklam

I am totally new to the world of computers and forums so please treat me kindly.

I have been interested in Astronomy for many years, I started with a 60mm refractor then a

4.5 inch reflector which I built myself. I now have a 200mm Skywatcher reflector on a Celestron

CG5 Go To mount, just recently purchased. I am impressed with the accuracy of the Go To and can

easily pick up objects which I have never seen before with the touch of a button. I used to do quite a

lot of variable star work but am now enjoying just touring the heavens.

Welcome to SGL Alan. Any telescope builds planned for the future?

Hi Andy E

thanks for the welcome. I have not got any more telescope builds planned. But having just recently purchased this celestron go to i will convert my old 8.5" reflector into  a dobsonian portable scope. I will keep you advised.

Best Regards

Alan from Acklam.

Welcome from me too Alan - Good luck with the new scope and I hope you enjoy the forum

Phil

Hello Floppygoose Phil.

Thanks for your welcome.I am sure i will enjoy the forum and find it interesting.

I am well impressed with your picture of the Vulcan. An icon from the past when Britain ruled the skies.Fabulous.

Archived