Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Recommended UK Couriers

scarp15

They are all as bad as each other on service level, I used to ship 20 consignments a day and have been through them all. Damaged goods, never an issue with any to be honest.

Late delivery, wrong routing and missing items (which eventually turn up).

If you are not shipping a lot and looking for good value then paisleyfreight.com are good value. They use a variety of couriers to deliver.

I think Hermes only do packages up to 1.2m long so you may need to check that.

I've had stuff delivered to me by DPD in the past and for me their service is fantastic.

Forget Royal Mail. I've been selling and posting a few bits and bobs recent and have been stung by them on their postage costs. Their pricing structure is a minefield.

hi Iain

in all honesty, I would drive there in your shoes. if needs be with an overnight stay in a cheapie B&B - maybe get some brownie points and go with your other half.

that said, I use www.interparcel.com and always choose the option that includes UPS. I have sent various things including a scope to Spain and always great service.

I would like to add an additional recommendation. I used a courier via Shiply, who was very communicative via text mainly, throughout the shipment process and completely reassuring with regard to the nature of the item that required collection / delivery. Very competitive cost to.

email thomas.glover@btinternet.com

I am sure I saw a feature on watchdog about Yodel and there was CCTV from someone's house where the guy delivering didn't get and answer within 5 seconds so opted to lob the package over a 6' gate into someone's back garden. The package apparently contained an Xbox or something like that. Oops.

I am sure I saw a feature on watchdog about Yodel and there was CCTV from someone's house where the guy delivering didn't get and answer within 5 seconds so opted to lob the package over a 6' gate into someone's back garden. The package apparently contained an Xbox or something like that. Oops.

Indeed, I'd steer well clear of Yodel.  I've had them deliver a PC monitor before while I was out, put a card through the letterbox saying they'd "left it in a safe place" - apparently behind the front gate in the rain is a safe place.

DPD, on the other hand, seem to be very reliable.

Ian

Don't get me started on Yodel, just google them and you'll soon see why they are so widely hated. I can second DPD, they send you a text giving you a delivery slot and the option to re-book, and they have always been on time.

As for yodel, there was the story of the photographer who has his brand new L series lens thrown over his fence onto his back doorstep!!!

Archived