NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M31 ED80, 0.85fr, cls, L filter, QSI 583ws, 040913

Fay

Dont often do galaxies. had a palavar the other night when i did 15x600 of this, but drawtube fell down as I was doing flats!! i only realised last night, that the tightening screw tightens anti clockwise, and loosens clockwise.

Thanks,

Fay

9679853562_1d83af0b16_b.jpg

I would be very very happy with that result Fay, loads of detail & makes for a really nice mono image, love it.

My wifes exercise bike had a nut come off & my lad spent an hour trying to put it on but the thread was reversed i had to chuckle.

Curse the 80ED focuser, I can fully understand your frustration with it. Mine wouldnt stay put around the zenith so I ended up fiddling with the hex screws for tighen it up. Trouble is, there is no clear guide on how to do this with that particular focuser - so I had a bit of trial and error before getting it right.

Fab M31 anyway, possibly needs a layer mask. Looking forward to seeing some colour :)

Archived