Hello all.

Logic

Hi everyone I'm Logic from South Gloucestershire (Yate) area. I have been interested in Astronomy all my life but thought I would look in to it a bit more, I have got some android apps to help me learn the night sky and looking in to getting my first telescope sometime next week after I have done a bit more research. I look forward to talking to some of you on the forum and learning.

Thanks, Logic.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to everyone who posted after my last post on this thread you really have made me feel welcomed! :)

Welcome!

have you decided what telescope to get already?

I have thought about getting the Skywatcher Heritage 130p Flextube, but still undecided! There might be a thread popping up in the relevant section soon! :)

Good choice if you want a very portable telescope that will Start to Show the First deepsky Details! And it's much more stable then most starter telescopes on eq & tripod mount, as they are often too weak to hold the telescope steady.

If transport is no issue (car, very dark back yard) a 6" dob might be in range, or even a used 8"...

Either way, good luck choosing your telescope.

Also don't get carried away or scared of chossing accessories, the included eyepieces will work fine, and before spending too much, there's a bunch of cheap eyepieces, barlows and literature. Even a 8-15£/$/€ eyepiece or a 13-20£/$/€ achromatic barlow can increase your viewing pleasure, especially as the heritage lacks a good planetary eyepiece.

However, in the long term, make sure to check out the 27£/32€ wide angle eyepieces (66 degree of aparent field of view)

Archived