Hello everyone!

Asterous

I'm fairly new to Astronomy, as I started doing it as a hobby only a year ago. I remember seeing the Perseid meteor shower last year when I was on holiday in America; it still sits with the title of 'Most beautiful thing I have ever seen'. It is probably the thing that got me into Astronomy the most. I soon started using my binoculars to look around the night sky (mostly the Moon). Then, when Christmas came, I got a Telescope and used that. Unfortunately, I haven't seen much more than the Moon and Planets with it, as there is quite a lot of light pollution where I live (about a 7 on the Bortle scale). However, our school has a small Science group (which I'm part of) that organises events and trips fairly often, and so we got to go to some Stargazing events/sessions. For these summer holidays I'm going to America again, and I hope to go to Nebraska to see some dark skies, and possibly the Perseid meteor shower. I might even take some photographs of the skies and post them on SGL.

Hi and welcome to the lounge

Light pollution is a big problem, it's so good when you can

get to a dark site, here on the Wirral the LP can sometimes

be quite bad, but every now and again we have great views,

mostly in winter, roll on winter.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Archived