Video Astronomy

Spacedout

Hello All, I joined the forum a while back but have not until now had the chance to spend much time on here. I bought some new astronomy gear a few months back and have spent most of my spare time learning how to use it all which, is still very much a work in progress!! My main interest currently is in Video Astronomy but as a complete newbie I'm interested in all things astronomy. I am very much a beginner and have much to learn so I'm hoping to pick up a thing or two here but alas not much to offer back as yet :huh: I am based in Bedfordshire and have an AZ EQ6, C11 and a Mallincam Extreme Video Camera plus the other various bits & bobs.... Anyway I thought it was about time I said hello and I hope to take part as much as possible moving forward :grin: Regards Karl

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Karl

Welcome to the group.

We have a dedicated Video Astronomy section - it's under Science->Video Astronomy. Most of us at using Samsung integrating cameras, it will be great to hear from someone with a Mallicam.

You'll also find posts in the Imaging section.

Clear Skies

Paul

Hello All, Thanks very much for the welcoming messages! Paul, thanks I'm also looking forward to learning about other cameras. I have put some images in my gallery and would appreciate any feedback. These are just pictures taken of my TV which I uses as a monitor for now. I do not have any video capture devices as yet so this is the only method for now. It does not really show what I'm seeing but gives you an idea. I did notice the video section so very much looking forward to catching up in that section and there seems to be tons of info to look at so thanks. Hi to you to Ron, Pete and Charon. Where about in Bedfordshire are you Pete? Off subject but can someone explain how I can write properly on here. I can not seem to use my return bar and end up writing in one continuous line? Thanks again for the welcome messages. Karl

Hi Karl, welcome to the lounge. Another great site you could visit is the night skies network, people there broadcast through a channel they have set up live images of what their scopes are looking at with various types of cameras attached. It is a great site and you would get no end of advice there. Grant...

Wow, lots of nice welcomes thank you all. Yes Grant I'm always on the Night Skies Network and have seen your All Sky Cam broadcasts. We have said hello before. I'd like one day to broadcast myself but a way too much to learn first. That said, I feel I'll learn a lot on here so thanks again and hope to join in and contribute here on in.

Best regards

Karl

Hello Karl and welcome to SGL!!

Thanks Roger and I like the observatory :smiley:

Hello & welcome :laugh:

Shaun

Thanks also to you Sean, I see your not a million miles away! I might pick your brains on that Lumicon later as I'm looking for decent filters :smiley: Thanks again, Karl

Archived