Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Delos Sale ?

John

I hope they honor the £250 price - the official deal was -15% so SCS got that one wrong when they updated their website !

(assuming that it's the SCS one you went for)

John, I might be wrong but I thought that SCS were one of the few retailers who had the 17.3mm Delos priced at £295 prior to the sale. I had a good look around, not so long ago, as we were tempted after looking through one in our dob at SGL 8.

We are trying to resist the temptation to purchase now, as we don't really need another Delos!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, the 17.3mm Delos is £250 too on SCS Astro. It's £355 on Telescope House. That's a huge £105 saving!

They seem to be the only dealer worldwide that charges a premium for the 17.3 model :(

- everywhere else charges the same for all Delos models.

So it's not that you're getting an extra "saving" at SCS, it's that you're simply *not* being charged "extra"...

Is anyone in the UK apart from SCS putting the Delos series on sale? The other usual suspects seem to be normal price?

I'm still waiting for SCS to take the payment for the eyepiece even though I've received the order confirmation email? it does say something about waiting 28 days for things to clear customs so I guess they don't have these in stock?

TS seems to have cut the prices of loads of stuff, including the Delos

Michael,

I agree but it is not 15%, they were 358Euros if I recall, but I see the naglers have gone down too or am I dreaming. They told me when I was on talking terms that it depends on the USA price what they do them for, I don't see why that should be the case but then why would they make it up.

Alan

Hi all,

This thread really is interesting and very relevant to my situation at the moment.

Over the past few years I have found myself buying and selling various eyepieces in the £60 - £100 new price range and have never really settled on anything although the WO swans are good for the money.

So, I'm now thinking about just buying some televues and being done with it! I may change telescopes but the eyepieces will always stay.

At present though, I have a 180 mak pro. With it being so slow at f15, it is easy on eyepieces so would it be unnecessary to use such quality eyepieces in this scope? Or will the quality still shine through.

Chris.

Hi all,

This thread really is interesting and very relevant to my situation at the moment.

Over the past few years I have found myself buying and selling various eyepieces in the £60 - £100 new price range and have never really settled on anything although the WO swans are good for the money.

So, I'm now thinking about just buying some televues and being done with it! I may change telescopes but the eyepieces will always stay.

At present though, I have a 180 mak pro. With it being so slow at f15, it is easy on eyepieces so would it be unnecessary to use such quality eyepieces in this scope? Or will the quality still shine through.

Chris.

It's never unnecessary if you are planning on changing scopes. TeleVue stuff is edge corrected all the way down to F/4. Even if the optical quality will be similar between eyepieces, the build quality won't be. In that respect, the TeleVue's should be ahead :).

HTH

It's never unnecessary if you are planning on changing scopes. TeleVue stuff is edge corrected all the way down to F/4. Even if the optical quality will be similar between eyepieces, the build quality won't be. In that respect, the TeleVue's should be ahead :).

HTH

TeleVue is ahead of many, but not Pentax, Nikon, Leica, etc. There are others out there. Having said that, those others are rarely cheaper. I would also say ES and several others are snapping at the heels of the big names too. I am still eyeing the Delos 8 and 14mm (Ooh, and can I also have a 6? Can I? Can I? Can I? :blob10: )

TeleVue is ahead of many, but not Pentax, Nikon, Leica, etc. There are others out there. Having said that, those others are rarely cheaper. I would also say ES and several others are snapping at the heels of the big names too. I am still eyeing the Delos 8 and 14mm (Ooh, and can I also have a 6? Can I? Can I? Can I? :blob10: )

Perhaps what I should have said is that in terms of both optical and build quality, the TeleVue eyepieces should be ahead of eyepieces costing £60 - £100. Although having said that, my LVs give my TeleVue plössl a run for it's money. I got the 7mm LV for only £35 too. Oh, and of course Pentax, Nikon, Leica etc. are all at the top too :D

Haha....That is the secret. I don't have a wife! :grin:

Sounds peaceful... nobody nagging about the washing up when you're blatantly on SGL, nobody telling you what to wear, where to live, or questioning what on earth I was planning on doing with another scope... :cool:

To be fair my wife is great. she don't seem to mind that I have what I have (though she has no idea of the cost) she even tells me that I get the use from them. The secret is she can speak 5 languages but I have to help her with sums, like what's 5% of 100. It's great. However if I were to spend what ever a 180mm Lzos APO costs I think even she may notice, if believe if I were going for another scope it would be a big one, as I have said before maybe a 18 inch Sumerian custom Dobsonian with all the toys.

Alan

The company promoting this sale, to say the least, don't show up well in the Suppliers Review.

Anyone able to update with your experiene, particularly with regard to the current Delos sale?

Alan's correct.

I telephoned Telescope House and asked if their web prices would be discounted .

The answer was yes and I ordered the 10mm. Price was £253.70 inc delivery.

It was in my mits 2 days later .

Dave.

Alan's correct.

I telephoned Telescope House and asked if their web prices would be discounted .

The answer was yes and I ordered the 10mm. Price was £253.70 inc delivery.

It was in my mits 2 days later .

Dave.

Ooooh - useful to know, i'd much rather order from TH if I can.

Archived