Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Delos Sale ?

John

It's possible they had investors and some contracted agreement held the price at a certain point for a certain recovery of investment period. they may have cleared that (i believe the delos is a new range so this is possible). It may now be settling at a better price because their investors are happy.

Just an thought, I've seen this in other industries

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That appears to be true in britain I think flo have have had a lot to do with that. A couple of years ago pentax were closer to the 300 mark. Flo started selling them around 250 now most british retailers sell for that. In europe however it seems that the pentax and delos pricing is a lot more similar with I believe the xw costing a little more. So this sale is a good deal for european custumers and a very good chance for televue to kick pentax while its down. Pentax has been slowly retreating from the astro market for years. This world wide sale is going to eat into pentax's profits and maybe encourage pentax to give up on another line.

Their pricing does seem to be all over the map, although I appreciate this may be somewhat distorted by whatever the local importer/distributor dictates. In the US for example, even with the sale they're selling for $30-50 more (depending on FL) than the XW, where the normal Delos price would be $370. That probably explains why XWs have dominated over on CN for so long :D round these parts, I can't even find a supplier of the XWs let alone a price, but the Delos (and most other TV stuff) sells for only a small margin above the US$ prices, allowing for a little exchange rate wiggle room.

The Pentax XW's must be the most undersold eyepiece there ever was. I can't recall seeing any adverts for them in magazines, for astronomy purposes at least :undecided:

Steve, from FLO, was extolling their virtues years ago when I was obsessed with Nagler T6's. How right he was :smiley:

One of the things that impresses about Pentax XW's is that they have gained their formidable reputation simply by being a darned good eyepiece.

Ive just ordered a 6mm Delos over the phone from Telescope House and they are still offering the 15% discount but only until the end of the month and for phone orders only..... so its just over £250 delivered .....but yull need to get your orders in tomorrow if you want to take advantage of the offer through them !

Cant wait to get it, first target Saturn and the moon and it should give me 300x in the 16 inch.

Ill keep you posted as Ill be doing a shootout between this and my poor old Celestron, uncoated, 6.5mm Plossl ...... wonder which will win ?????

Cheers

It is still showing on the Widescreen Centre website. I hope this was not a case of one retailer offering the promotion initially, forcing the others to follow suit, and now another is winding it down, the others follow in the other direction. I have yet to decide if I want to add the 3.5mm to my 4.5mm, 10mm and 14mm.

Archived