Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Delos Sale ?

John

Apparently there is a 15% off sale of Delos eyepieces during June to August. It's a Tele Vue "event" and seems to be happening in the USA and Australia from posts I've seen on another forum.

No sign of it reaching the UK yet though :sad:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do hope so as I have got the 8 and the 12 bumbling around in my mind, I have been hit with the wider views of the Maxi's and feel that the extra class on the higher mags will be a good and wise purchase.

Ay, if one can afford the extra expense, I feel this is sound thinking, Foundaplanet. I have found the 10mm Delos to be a cracking EP and a joy to use. As you can appreciate, in the 10" with a mag of 125x, a 2mm exit pupil and a true field of view of about 0.57º, it is my most used EP. It frames the Moon wonderfully, goes that little extra way when revealing Saturn's fainter banding and little Moons, resolves clusters better than my BGOs, the contrast is better and the black background signiificantly so and on a good night surrenders more detail on given galaxies. If, for example, a BGO costs about €100 and a Delos about €350, I truely do think it is worth that extra 3.5x more. I have found - at the beginning - that blackout happened if I didn't set the eye-relief correctly for my eye but with just a twist of the band and a slide up or down of the EP everything is just fine. Personally, with the 10mm I find the 72º apparent field of view more than sufficient and really don't fancy getting something even wider, but thankfully the market caters for all tastes and budgets.

- - - -

Edit Note: The Delos sells at Robtics for about €340, around £290, so if you can get that deal above £250, you're really buying into something very special.

Adding all the reports out there up, I reckon the Delos is just about the best readily available eyepiece around today. And they have dropped the price for 3 months - what were they thinking ? :evil:

Thanks to this sale I'm considering a new scope, the ED80 with it's nice 2" focuser and the weight it can support just to try out some of the Delos :rolleyes:.

I should've knew that this was coming...

Adding all the reports out there up, I reckon the Delos is just about the best readily available eyepiece around today. And they have dropped the price for 3 months - what were they thinking ? evil.gif

That's good then it gives me a bit of time to sell the tat I have found in my attic.

Just bought the 17.3mm, couldn't resist i tried but it was a massive fail just caved in straight away!!!!!!! :eek:

I hope they honor the £250 price - the official deal was -15% so SCS got that one wrong when they updated their website !

(assuming that it's the SCS one you went for)

Think this may be the right time to sell my 10mm XW and get the 10mm Delos...I've wanted to do it for so long but managed to hold back but the XW has never really fitted in very well amongst a case of Deloi!

Think this may be the right time to sell my 10mm XW and get the 10mm Delos...I've wanted to do it for so long but managed to hold back but the XW has never really fitted in very well amongst a case of Deloi!

...nice to hear from you mate,hope your well.....back on the green n black slope eh?... :grin:

Sorted out my EP case today whilst enjoying the Sun , i've managed to jiggle a few spaces................ :rolleyes: i've just bought a feather touch and 2" TV diagonal

also a 4.5mm Delos followed me home from IAS last month ...... thats my last gold filling going to have to come out ...........ouch !!!!!

In England you could find the Dentists bill is bigger.

The 4.5mm is a very nice eyepiece though I only tend to use it on my shorter scopes.

Alan

Hi Alan , I'm going to use it with my FLT98 & Megrez 72 .

I quite fancy a 41mm Panoptic for my LX200 12" , any recommendations in that class ?

Thanks Rob

Archived