Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn May 31st

Forecast said clear sky but at 10.30pm it was cloudy and windy but then the cloud broke and I started to image. Seeing was terrible Saturn waving like a crazed flag so I decided to take a colour and ir shot and then pack up but during the IR capture seeing suddenly improved to be as stable as I've seen for some time.

Below are 2 quick processes, straight colour with strong wavelets as I like the globe detail and IR/Colour combo (more sublte waveelts on this one).

1.5x drizzle 3x tv & QHY colour/mono.

Colour:

gallery_4016_412_34617.png

Colour/IR

gallery_4016_412_28589.png

Nice going there Stuart, seeinv has been terrible latley,for most in uk, might have something to do with being european monsoon time.

The 2nd shot is clearer & more defined without a doubt, i had a go last night but very humid & patchy cloud meant i got to bed earlier than i would have liked.

Meant yo be clear down South tonight we will see.

Thanks Ewan yes the weather is very unpredictable but last night proved to me that its always worth trying because for a few mins seeing can suddenly change.

Here is a more subtle version of the above colour shot. This is the kind of wavelets I prefer and will be using with Jupiter but don't always show enough global detail on Saturn at 25 degrees. I've downscaled from the original 1.5x drizzle.

gallery_4016_412_1941.png

Stunning image Stuart and very nice processing - seeing stayed poor and there was quite a lot of thin cloud down at this end of the country, but glad to see you got some good seeing and the results look excellent. Nice to see the WinJupos polar projection as well.

Hi Stuart, great job on these images, I tend to agree with Ilan the IR/color image is sharper.

BTW if you stretch the wavelets you can use just a bit of Gaussian blur (in GIMP or PS) to reduce the noise without effecting the details.

Dror

Looking shakey down here with the wind and seeing - but I did manage to push F25 for 6000 frames on red (though I may never publish) and just doing my first ever DSO, M13 with the qhy5l-II ;)

Archived