Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from Yorkshire

colin

Hi all,

only joined the forum a couple of days back so very new here. Been tinkering with astronomy for about 5 years now and yes i mostly struggle with my back yard which is very light polluted, but when me and wife go of in caravan for weekend we take both our scopes.

Scope one is a small 76mm Reflector which actually performs very well with no light pollution , one thing i have done to it is paint the inside of tube with blackboard paint ! made a slight difference , scope two second hand 150mm Reflector ( from car boot fair ) thats the one the wife uses the most ! but i am soon to be purchasing a Phenix D127F1200 in the next 5 to 6 weeks and a pair of10-40x21 binoculars.

Just spending my time reading the forum now

Regads

Colin..

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome To SGL Colin. If there is any help you might need just ask away. Sounds very nice getting a way in the caravan for a lttle star party.

My mrs and I love a caravan holiday, but we have to hire one, and they are getting more expensive every succeeding year.

Ron. :(

Colin,

What are 10-40x21 binoculars?

Yorkshire is a big place. I used to live in York when I worked for Rowntree's.

Regards,

Viking

Hi Viking,

10x-40x magnification with 21mm objective lens diameter............i think lol

Thanks everyone you have made me feel at home already and glad you all .......come from........know someone from.......or know where Yorkshire is :(

I have just spent the last half hour reading about supernova's Big new Dob , i can see this is going to be the place if you need cheering up as well as top class advice.

barkis...... The little star parties with the caravan are great fun we usually end up with a few campers also having a look through our scopes and some even say they will think about getting some binos or small scope, and also with it being quite dark on the site the little 76mm scope performs well for it's size.

Anyway once again thanks , hope to speak to you all again soon

Colin..

Ps

Warthog my wife goes to Canada every couple years for a few weeks,

Hi Colin,

Welcome to the SGL. I've only been here a couple of months and find it REALLY friendly. I'm from Derbyshire and we like to come up to Whitby for short breaks. Watched the back end of an annular eclipse a couple of years back up at Whitby and got some cracking photos of it before I went digital.

John :(

Archived