Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is it clear tonight where you are ?

Ewan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meant to be good transparency / seeing looking really good at the moment but dew will be problematic for me i think, just one perfect night for once would be a godsend.

Hope some of you get out there at least :grin:

Bit early to tell, windy at the moment, and had a few showers!!

need to get out to try my hand with asdacam hope for a few shots of the moon to play with.(fingers crossed)...

but i need to balance that with getting up at 5 to go to work :angry:

Sorry Boss Hogg but the moon will not be there tonight as i am putting it on Ebay so i can do some DSO work instead, you can have a go next week :evil:

On a serious note though i really wish with all the tech we have at the moment why can't weather forecasts be a little more accurate ?

Well... there are patches of blue sky with varying amounts of cumulus and cumulo-nimbus clouds. Now there's some rather unpleasant looking nimbus clouds gathering up wind :) There might be some clear spells tonight or there might not! It usually clouds over by the time it gets dark :(

Well... there are patches of blue sky with varying amounts of cumulus and cumulo-nimbus clouds. Now there's some rather unpleasant looking nimbus clouds gathering up wind :) There might be some clear spells tonight or there might not! It usually clouds over by the time it gets dark :(

Ditto (Warks).

Gina Noooooooooooooooooooo i bet you've just jinxed my sky now :-(

I only want to get out to get frustrated with my guiding again lol

Clear here now :) BUT can I get anything to work NOPE :( Well that's not quite true, I've got some cracking shots of the moon :D Do I really want yet more shots of the moon - NO :D However, I was able to test my remote focussing and that's working fine - high res shots of the moon - I even did RGB :D

AstroTortilla will solve my current images but won't solve ones from last time, or images from the net (M51). I'm sure you're supposed to be able to get AT to take co-ordinates from CdC but I can't seem to find out how. Astronometry.net is giving errors when it tries to solve my FITS files :( I just can't seem to find my target tonight. OK so I found the moon - big deal :D It's big enough and bright enough!

PHD is showing a couple of stars and it calibrated on one of them in 5 steps in each direction but when guiding it won't stay on the star. The graph is all over the place with the RA trace off the bottom. Mind you, the wind is still pretty strong - I wonder if that's the problem. No sign of dew so I took the dew shield off to reduce windage.

Gonna get a cuppa and maybe a piece of toast and try again in a while...

One strange thing. I was set for TIFF files in Artemis Capture and now it's changed to FITS and I can't seem to get it to change back. Not that it's much of a problem - I have Fits Liberator to view them with.

Guess what !!!!! Guiding is working yippee :-)

As you can tell im a happy bunny, longest sub, so far 3 mins, will go for 5 ,7 then 10 to test.

Got my phd settings now then & saved, for all those who gave me advice for guiding thanks thanks & thanks :-):-):-)

Hey Gina you seem to be having a Gremlin sort of night, I know what that feels like, when nothing makes sense or seems to work properly.

Last night was wild here with trees being blown over and sat dishes being torn apart, tonight it's peaceful and cloudy. :icon_neutral:

Archived