Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Observing session 19/4/13

Matthew

I know its a bit short notice but the forecast is good so im proposing a meet this friday,we might not get another chance untill the autumn after this. :smiley:

Here are the site co ordinates +51° 47' 25.57", -3° 4' 10.74"

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be there, car already loaded.

James if you need any help finding it. I can meet you on route if you are going via M4, Newport Cwmbran Pontypool A472, A4043, A4246.

As you come out of Blaenavon and start up the Hill on the A4246, there is a pup called "The Riflemans Arms" opposite the pub is a car park. I will be passing there at 8pm.

So if you are not sure you can meet me there.

Just let me know if you need help before 7:30pm

Pat

I'll be there. Probably about 8ish assuming I can find it! Looks fairly straightforward on google maps though. Be good to meet you guys.

James

From the A 465 take the turn off towards Brynmawr.

Go up the hill to the next roundabout, and turn left on the B 4248 toward Blaenavon.

Follow the road until it ends. (you will see a Texeco petrol station on the right)

Turn left and go up the hill about half a mile past the " Riflemens Arms" pub to the top of the hill.

You will then see a road to the right which will lead you to the towers visable in the distance.

withen see a

Hello. What would be that latest time it would be advisable to turn up?

Dave.

If Matt says its a go, most of us try to arrive before dark to set up equipment.

Come when your able, if the sky is clear, some of us may do an all nighter.

Great night last night guys. Really enjoyed my first time at the Blaenavon site. Shame about the moon but still much better views than the ones I'm used to from my garden!

Nice to meet you all and thanks for being so welcoming.

Don't think I can make the 4th May but I'll definitely be up for attending some more late night meets over the summer months if anyone fancies it.

James

Great night, thanks to everybody for an enjoyable time. Think we broke the record for attendance last night. Must have been 14+ the usual uninvited guests and sheep. Thanks mike for the donuts, Lenny for the info and Mat for organising it all.

Pat

Archived