Hello

AndyB1987

Hello my name is Andy and I am 26 and from Wakefield. I have had an interest in this for awhile so with the money I got from my birthday I got myself a telescope. I didn't get anything too fancy to start out with but it will put me on until I save enough or take to it properly. Any hints and tips much appreciated guys :) Just need a clear night now.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Andy, and welcome to SGL! What scope have you got? If you haven't done already, I can recommend downloading 'Stellarium' a free, and very popular, planetarium which cane be set to local sky conditions and will help in seeing what is out and where to find it.

Martin

Hi, Andy, and welcome to SGL! What scope have you got? If you haven't done already, I can recommend downloading 'Stellarium' a free, and very popular, planetarium which cane be set to local sky conditions and will help in seeing what is out and where to find it.

Martin

Hello HIP thank you for the welcome.

I have started with a Skywatcher Mercury 607 didn't want to go to flash like I did when I started golf :)

And thanks I will look that up now.

Hi andy and welcome to the forum. From a book/chart perspective, you might want to take a look at a book entitled Turn Left at Orion which list some 100 objects and provides written and visula instructions on how to find them. It is designed for those with modest sized scopes and binoculars and breaks the list down into the four seasons of the year. If you want to look inside to see how good it is you might want to have a look here.

Clear skies for your scope and hope you enjoy the forum

James

Archived