Unbelievable !!!

Rumpelstiltleg

Based in Wirral NW England. Blue skies, glorious day so I set up the Orion Optics ODK 10 and Losmandy G11 for first light after an appalling few months of weather. Forecast is for clear skies here tonight so after an hour of setting everything up I go in for a nice cup of tea. I have just looked out the window and thick fog has settled down over the last twenty minutes. Unbelievable!

One day.....

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am 50 miles in land and I was just finishing up and thought, time to put scope out to cool. I went outside and was met by the sight of a massive bank of cloud heading over the top of me. And looking at it, it will be a waste of time setting it up cos its here to stay.

Chuffin weatherman said clear skies til at least nine, un flippin believable.

Baz

I have now started to just go out to the pub with friends with an unconditional "yes" when i am asked as opposed to checking the forecast and if clear I would not go. its just always cloudy in the UK of late, without exception.

In 30 years of observing I cannot recall a more miserable grey period of weather for astronomers.

Since the 14th February, there hasn't been more than a twenty minute window of night sky in my part of Spain. That really is quite grim.

Always thought spain was wall to wall sunshine, shows how we stereotype some things eh. I am just betting you wish it were right qualia lol :grin:

Do hope the skies clear for everyone but using binoculars is the way forward.

Absolutely. I have come to that conclusion too. With global warming only going to get worse :( That why I made a significant investment in my Helios Apollo 15x70 bins which are absolutely superb. You will see me waxing lyrical as such in other places on this site too :)

Where in Nottingham are you? I am Radcliffe.

Archived