Just saying hello

srt

Hi,

I am starting up an old interest in astronomy from way back when I got my first telecope from "Dixons" .

No internet then either :Envy: Sadly the lens were milky and I returned the telescope (a refractor) and other things like wife n kids took over :laugh:

Well I began this new journey two weeks back when I ordered a Celestron NexStar 130 SLT Reflector but it had an issue with the hand controller wanting flashing etc and long story short I returned the telescope :sad:

But I had experienced pros n cons of newer scopes so I decided I would stick out for the Celestron CPC 800 GPS. It takes some doing to convince your better half its worth it but she went along and I ordered the thing yesterday :smiley: She is not convinced however and thinks I spend too much time on my own as it is :rolleyes:

Well thats my begining explained - - - a bit.

I will come back and try to increase posts with lots of questions :icon_confused:

Regards.

Stuart.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Stuart,

I'm new to this too and the questions I've asked over the last few days are probably the same ones that have ben asked many times over! Everyone, however, has been very patient and friendly so it's been a very happy experience. I haven't yet bought my first scope. Like you, family life prevents a great deal of time being spent on this hobby but I took our daughter (5) to a stargazing evening run by the local astronmoical society last weekend and she was made up when she realised that she'd seen Jupiter ("a real planet!") and the moon. She knows that saturn has rings round it as well so I'm hoping that a decent scope will get her really interested in the coming years, as well as our son who's only 17 months).

Welcome, I hope you have fun and good luck.

Alex

Hi Stuart and welcome to SGL, nice scope the CPC 800 GPS that is quite some step up from the 130 SLT you should enjoy the views :)

John.

And how! TBH the views may be a little cloudy on account of my eyes watering at the cost :icon_eek:

Archived