Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn!!!!!

Well, it was worth the wait. What a fantastic sight! I must have watched it for over an hour this morning. Up at 5 and crystal skies. Even my daughter came and had a look. Amazingly, I could still see it at 7:30am. Anyway, managed some video and stacked in Registax.

Saturn2_zps2fa399eb.jpg

Yes, great image! I decided not to set my alarm for the early hours on account of bbc weather saying it was going to be cloudy and foggy. Woke up to beautifully clear skies and a huge pang of regret at having trusted their weather reporting and not getting up early enough!

Well done - it's a beautiful planet to look at isn't it!

Thanks, everyone. I can't stop thinking about how amazing this planet looks. Up again (maybe 6, starting to look haggard lol) tomorrow and will have a blast on the Pentax *ist ds dslr. I took this image with the lowly xbox webcam. Great for less than 4 quid! I wonder if I will get as good an image if I take a shedload of pics using the dslr barlowed...at least there might be some colour present.

Looks great, as I am up at 4 every morning, I might just leave my alarm on for this Friday (on a 4 day week so usually don't get up til later Fridays) and have a look - hopefully light pollution won't ruin it!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL

Looks great, as I am up at 4 every morning, I might just leave my alarm on for this Friday (on a 4 day week so usually don't get up til later Fridays) and have a look - hopefully light pollution won't ruin it!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL

Well, it was worth the wait. What a fantastic sight! I must have watched it for over an hour this morning. Up at 5 and crystal skies. Even my daughter came and had a look. Amazingly, I could still see it at 7:30am. Anyway, managed some video and stacked in Registax.

Saturn2_zps2fa399eb.jpg

Awesome, how long did you record for.

Same setup as me, and I just checked what im lacking and its the drive to get out early.

Eye on the forecast for this weekend I think.

Archived