New member new to this

Moz

After putting off for years decided to try and find out more about the skies above , prof cox's fault in regenerating a life long interest , taken plunge with a pair of 25x70 binoculars as I know how to use binoculars lol and figure learn the basics first .

I have a extremely heavy duty tripod for camera gear I have so can mount binoculars with no problem ..

What could I expect to be able to observe ?

Could I see planets , nebulae or satellites ? Or am I looking at the moon and craters ...anyway this is first step to I hope some spring and summer viewing look forward to replies and chatting with like minded people

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well they arrived and after fiddling around for a bit got a clear picture...the mount I have to say is plastic and a bit flimsy so have ordered a heavy duty metal one which should steady up the overall set up. Lots of cloud ..typical what to see then this week /month assuming sky's clear sometime ...downloaded the kindle version of turn left at Orion and had a good look at the members web site as suggested ...bit of reading to do...

Prob being dense but I do have a Nikon dslr with a 1000mm mirror lens @ f8 fixed cat type lens which I assume I can use for astro pics

Metal mount arrived and has made a huge difference to stability when place ontop of manfrotto tripod ..all I need is a clear sky it's been cloudy since they arrived I guess this is the fishing equiv of not catching :-(

Archived