Hi from newbie in Southampton

JPW

Hi my first post and new to this hobby i got a Jessop 900/1400 reflector for Xmass not had chance to use it no clear nights so its not been out of the box :( . Saturday i got The Sky Watcher 1309

eq2 with Motor again not used it. can any one tell me if the Scopes r any good and if the Lens are inter changeable.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi JPW. Welcome aboard.

I've no knowledge of your scope but I'm sure someone will be along shortly who can tell you what you need to know about it.

Meanwhile, if you haven't done so already, download Stellarium for free to help you find your way around the heavens.

Good luck and clear skies

Hi JPW and welcome to SGL, to try and answer your inquiry, both scopes will be usable, but there are very differing reports about the Jessops model as bad as "returned it for a refund" to a few users having some success in observations of the Moon,stars and Planets, but in general I am afraid the reports were not good. On the other hand the other scope, which I presume you are referring to the SW Explorer 130 EQ2 comes with a good pedigree and has received many good reports. You should find that all the lenses you have should be interchangeable as they will be Astronomical standard 1.25" oculars. As the old saying goes the proof is in the eating so you will not find out what either scope is capable of until you give them first light, enjoy your Astronomy :)

John.

Hi Folks and Thanks for your Welcome's I have been reading the comments on the Jessop Scope and will go with the Sky Watcher as it seems like some good Comments about it. in fact i only Payed £99 for the Jessop Scope just before they closed down ;). so im not to worried about it and if the Lens can be all fit into the Sky watcher then im happy and think i got bargain just for them alone hehehe. i am very interested astro Photos i have converted an MS Life Cam to use with the Scope. just need the Clear Sky. i think there in a Club in Southampton i will see if i can find out and Join.

thanks again JPW (John)

Archived