Hi y'all.

Jimma

Hello everybody..

My name is Jim and I'm in Bristol... Hope each and everyone of you are well and not to down about the state of the skies. (Well in Bristol.)

Just managed to blag myself a new Celestron 130EQ for under 1/2ses.. Of witch i was v pleased to get one clear night in thus far and caught

Jupiter first time out! Plus it's moons i might add... Sorry, sounded very pig headed of me but was quiet humbled by the sight of the such and am feeling just a tad insignificant and v chuffed at the same time. Chuffed at the fact that i sorta knew what i was looking at..

I'm very happy to have found such a sight and to be able to bounce questions off people with Knowledge as the bit of research i have done thus far has stood me in good stead. With one very misinformed salesperson..

Anyways that enough of me doing a Louie.. (Armstrong that is)

I hope to get a long with you all but know that's not always possible, but promise to bite my lip and shut it...

My kind regards, Jimbo..

P.s Thanks for having me

Hi Jimbo and welcome to the forum. As a fellow Bristolian I can agree with you on the skies and specifically the amount of light pollution which can make seeing some of the fainter objects a tad bit difficult! :grin:

Clear skies for now and hope you enjoy the forum

James

I'd just like to say a BIG thank you to all of you who welcomed me, and small "cheers then" to those who didn't.. Only joking of course...

I know how busy life can be and am Really chuffed at the warm response i have from so many of you kind people..

So thanks again, Jimbo.

Archived