Hello from sunny Spain..

Colincooper

Hi everyone,

when i say from sunny Spain, i mean normally that is where i would be? but, i am in the UK alot of the time at the moment... working Grrr!

I would be very interested in knowing if there is many people from Spain on here, i have been on alot of forums and it seems that Spain is not that well attended by astronomers! sadly, living on top of a mountain i get the most stunningly clear nights and alot of them in the course of a year, it would be great to find someone local to share my pastime with... my wife has the 5 minute, lets have a look! but its freezing outlook on astronomy :-)

i have had an observatory for about 5 years on my roof in Spain with a 14" LX200R permanently housed that i get to use a few times a year at the moment, i am going to be there alot more this year tho! happy days....

no dought i will be backwards and forwars on here for info and for that i would like to say a big thanks up front.

Colin

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Colin and welcome to SGL!! I too am in Spain, about 20 km's from Valencia. It is rather solitary out here as there's precious few brits out here that are into astronomy. I did visit my local astronomy club last year, but as it was all in Spanish I just couldn't get on with it. I hope to return when my Spanish is better! I'm not sure where you are, but there's a few astro societies around and I certainly know of one on the Costa Blanca that is run by British expats.

Hi Colin and welcome to SGL!! I too am in Spain, about 20 km's from Valencia. It is rather solitary out here as there's precious few brits out here that are into astronomy. I did visit my local astronomy club last year, but as it was all in Spanish I just couldn't get on with it. I hope to return when my Spanish is better! I'm not sure where you are, but there's a few astro societies around and I certainly know of one on the Costa Blanca that is run by British expats.

hi Sara,

i live in a town called Alcalali, this about 100 km south of Valencia, i to found the details of a society on the Costa Blanca, but last time i tried contacting them it looked like they had packed up?

are you south or north of Valencia?

do you have the web address or something for the one you know of?

many thanks

Colin

hi Sara,

i live in a town called Alcalali, this about 100 km south of Valencia, i to found the details of a society on the Costa Blanca, but last time i tried contacting them it looked like they had packed up?

are you south or north of Valencia?

do you have the web address or something for the one you know of?

many thanks

Colin

I'll drop you a PM with the details - The group that I know of were certainly still going at the back end of 2012

Archived