Hello from Earth.

mrstraighty

Hello, My shoelaces are different colors. It's an ice breaker. Im a land surveyor and that led me to sky surveying. Always been fascinated by the heavens and the universe. When you line a scope up to north Az. and close 90 deg declination, that is akin to what you see surveyors doing on the side of the road with those "cameras". It's on a much smaller scale but it is simply the turning of Hz and Vz. angles to deterimine or set a location. I had a Galileo 4" that got me hooked. I bought a Seben 4.5" that i am not happy with and just got a Orion 4.5XT. Plan to buy a larger scope soon. My profile pic was taken through the Galileo with a Motorola Photon phone camera in Tatum, N.M.. My job affords me much travel away from polluted (in so many ways) Houston.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lesson learned. Probably should have got on here sooner and asked. The sighting scope was terrible and never held position once aligned. The Galileo was cheap but had a battery powered finder that was so simple and effective. I bought it for 60 on ebay and gave it to a friend thinking the Seben would be an improvement. Oh well. Hope to fare better with the Orion I am waiting on to come in today. I've heard good things about it. We'll see?

Welcome to SGL

I don't often wear shoes, so sometimes I wear different coloured socks instead.

James

Wore the different color laces one day as a quick fix. Been transferring them to new shoes since. People always ask. "People are strange"

Hi

A warm welcome to the SGL

If you decide to get a new scope ask questions and im sure we will have the answers one tip is to get at least a 8 " 200mm scope dobsonian scopes are bang for the buck ]

and as Paul said we are not happy with Seben

clear skies

Doug

Hi

A warm welcome to the SGL

If you decide to get a new scope ask questions and im sure we will have the answers one tip is to get at least a 8 " 200mm scope dobsonian scopes are bang for the buck ]

and as Paul said we are not happy with Sebenhttp

clear skies

Doug

I am looking for a new scope after my the "Seben incident" I've a thread in new equipment if you can assist me

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/176028-new-scope/

Hi and welcome to the forum. You can never have just one scope as there is always something a little bigger on the horizon and if you ever dare look through some of those larger scopes, the views are not easily forgotten nor the prices! :grin:

Clear skies and hope you enjoy the forum.

James

Archived