NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello all from snowy Cheltenham

2E0CLY

Hi All

I am a newbie to hobby of astronomy ... I am a keen armature radio enthusiast Call sign 2E0CLY. Love building electronics pls see http://buildradios.co.uk.

I am married to my lovely wife Kate and we have a lovely son who is nearly 4.

What brings me to astronomy? …. Well I am fed up of looking out on clear nights and not knowing what I am looking at … I have several books and just taken the plunge to purchase my first telescope a Sky Watcher Explorer 130P EQ2 Parabolic Newtonian Reflector. Also my recently retired father in law has a telescope and not a clue like me so hear I am like a sponge looking soak up information and learn… Mind you at my age a lot of knowledge drips out the old grey mater sponge !

Andy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Fellow newbie here from Monmouth. Waiting to try my scope for first time, we've had about 2inches here so far this evening, how about you?

Snow really coming down hear in cheltenham ... Looks as if me purchasing a telscope is going to = Cloudy outlook for weeks :(

Hi Andy and welcome to SGL, we have a number of licensed radio amateurs on the forum who indulge in Astronomy, now we have one more and your knowledge of electronics could be most helpful , enjoy your new scope :)

De John GO WPF

Archived