Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

m42, take two

Scott

Had another crack at m42 last night, this time taking more care with focus and polar alignment (still not happy with pa). Starting to realise why eq5 is not the preferred mount for ap :(. On a breezy night I captured 90 subs (30 sec) and managed to salvage 22. just a bit of a tweak in eos dpp. while not perfect i'm much happier than my first attempt.

thanks for looking

Scott

stunning shot, can faintly see part of the running man to the left, maybe duplicate the image in PS or whatever you use and strech the image abit more to pull out more of the fainter detail, then layer them and blend them togeter

Good work dude, lovely!

I'm not even guiding and I'm fed up with my EQ5 too! :D

I know what you mean Williams, I considered guiding for the eq5 but have decided that every penny I put into this mount keeps me that much further from getting the neq6 i really want :(. Better to bite the bullet, enjoy what I've got and save for the new mount.

Scott

Hi Scott

I too am struggling with getting a descent shot of M42. Can I suggest that you add a few flats into the mix. I was really surprised how much difference they made to the vignetting.

I'll post mine soon.

cheers

gaj

Archived