Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from New Brunswick

Patrice Lanteigne

Hello all, I'd like to introduce myself to this forum. I've been here many times before having been lead here from other places and google searches on various astronomy topics. So instead of lurking even more I decided to 'show my face' if you will.

I'm an old fart but relatively new to the hobby, I acquired my first telescope just over 6 years ago. That was an 8 inch Skywatcher Newtonian mounted on a Skywatcher EQ6-Pro mount. I've since acquired a few more things as my interests changed and matured.

My observing site is the backyard at our home in Campbellton, New Brunswick, Canada.

This is what I've ended up with:

SW EQ6-Pro on original tripod, soon to be permanently mounted in a DIY observatory

SW Duo-T on surveyor's tripod

Celestron Nexstar mount

SW AZ-3 on DIY tripod

SW EQ1 - hardly ever used

DIY Dobson mount

SW 8 inch Newtonian with upgraded 2 speed focuser

SW ED100 Pro

SW ST80

ES AR152

Celestron 6 inch SCT

ES 68 deg 34 mm

ES 68 deg 28 mm

ES 82 deg 18 mm

TV Nagler T6 9 mm

TV Radian 5 mm

Baader 8-24 zoom MK-III

Olivon (GSO) 2 inch 2x ED barlow

Antares 10 mm Speers-Waler

Antares 5.7 mm SWA

Varoius 25 and 10 mm plossl's that came with scopes

Lately my interests have been focused on close doubles and planetary, but I do enjoy wide field stuff almost as much. I've been a visual observer until now but the deep dark hole of astrophotography is calling.

I have an 11 year old daughter I share the hobby with (when it's not a school night or too cold).

Our family hobbies are RV camping and very modest boating. I also enjoy photography, sea kayaks and motorcycle cruising.

I make a living from custom furniture, teaching and owning a few apartments.

Well, that should be long winded enough as an introductory post, don't you think?

Cheers to all,

Pat

Hi Pat and welcome to the forum. Looks like you have been busy buying the odd thing or two so you'll have to let me into your secret of how you get it all past the other half - I have run out of any new ideas! :grin: :grin: :grin: Glad that you came in from the cold to join us in this warm room of a forum though judging by your kit list it might be some of us asking you the questions.

Clear skies for now and hope you enjoy the warmth! :grin:

James

Archived