NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello to everyone :)

jasonT-5

Hello to all im Jason from Sheffield hope everyone is well !

Thought id introduce myself and say hello to everyone :)

I got into astronomy from a young age although it was basic (young lad looking up alot and wondering like mad what was going on up there and trying to get my head around it), last year i took my first step into the sky's when i purchased a Skywatcher 130m reflector on an EQ2. First sight was the moon.......took my breath away!!

After that i couldn't get out of the eye piece!, and books/videos etc, once i got comfortable with setting up and using the 130 i started to see more and ive been totally hooked since!, ive done a little bit of basic digi-scoping and got some nice pics of the moon, Jupiter, Saturn and the Orion nebulae :)

I recently purchased a Skywatcher 707AZ GOTO scope for ease of use when on the move and im chuffed to bits with it, seen alot of things i hadn't yet found or even thought to look for like the dumbbell nebula and varies start clusters, impressive little scope in good skies :)

The latest buy is a Skywatcher 250PX Dobsonian, its new to me and im just getting used to it. First thing i did was collimate it and the mirror could do with a little clean which im nervous about! but its already blowing me away with the views from the light polluted skies of Sheffield!, really cannot wait to get it out under dark skies somewhere :)

Jason

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thankyou for the warm welcome everyone :)

JamesF - thanks for that i may leave it then, the mirror only has a light coating of dugst but nothing major in my eyes, doesn't seem to effect the view :)

Breezy - id be happy to give you any feedback on the 250px as i get used to it, its already proving to be a great bit of kit for the price, the mount is nice and smooth so its easy to use and the optics seem to be fantastic, the focuser is far smoother and lower ratio than the one on my 130m making it relatively easy to get a crisp imagine.

This one is also fitted with a (Telred ?) finder making star hoping a doddle :)

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason and welcome to the forum. Nice collection of scopes you are building up there - there's always room for one more! :grin: :grin: :grin: Looks like you are experiencing some great views with your 10" dob there and its not such a big scope that makes moving it out and about too difficult. Look forward to reading up on your latest observation reports.

Clear skies for now and enjoy the forum.

James

Archived