NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

We have a name!

FLO

Thanks for your suggestions, it was fun reading them all and you sent the 'Whats in a name' thread well into SGL's top 10 most posted :shock:

We compiled a shortlist:

GuideStar

GuideScope

Eyepiece

After Dark

Focus

First Light Opinions

Second Light Reviews

First Light Reflections

Prime Focus

After Hours

Several of the domain names weren't available in the form that we wanted but we have reached a decision and the domain names have been registered. Grant is inserting the header pic this weekend ready for launch next Monday.

So, thanks again everyone :lol:

Eh .... What ..... Oh .... The name ...

The GuideScope

Whilst nobody suggested GuideScope it came to mind after reading jonifive's suggestion Guide Star

So, jonifive, you have won a Baader Genuine Orthoscopic eyepiece :D

Let me know which focal-length you'd like and I'll dispatch one as soon as the postal workers come off strike!

WOW! Thats great, thanks Steve, I'm chuffed.......

Well done everyone for taking part.....(sorry CW, you can borrow it for a while if you want, as long as you do a review!!)

I think the 12.5 is the one for me, anything smaller I tend to struggle with.

Steve, you should have my details on file, if not PM me.

Fantastic, thanks Steve & Greg :lol::D :D :D

Jonathen

Good man JV and a good size choice too. Thanks for the kind offer of of a loan but I think it does the same job as the SPL 12.5mm I have so you will have to write your own review. :lol::D

If the performance is the same you will be very happy with your choice. :D

Enjoy

CW

P.S.Mind you I still think that ............

'The independent observer & amateur imagers current optical equipment news review blog' is a much snapier title! :D

First Light Reflections was second favourite but we felt GuideScope was snappier...

So, where is the blog then? Come on, need to see it! :lol:

Was planning to launch today but my cold is lingering and has spread to my wife and 3-year old Son, so I am a bit pre-occupied :roll:

Hopefully tomorrow :D

Archived