Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Your imaging train?

FarSide

Just a quick question. I'm interesting in putting together a decent imaging train and was wondering what you guys have in your train and in what order you fit it together? I'm a planetary/solar imager specifically but DSO imaging trains would be interesting to hear about also. So what is your imaging train and in what order from focuser to camera is it in?

Mike.

Refractors; nosepiece, manual F/W, Baader LRGB or NB CCD.

If using a reducer I need to put that in closest to the scope, then a spacer for the chip distance, then as above but without nosepiece since it is all screw fit.

ODK; Spacer, Motorized Focuser, Nosepiece, OAG, Electric 2 inch F/W, CCD.

No LP filters are needed here.

Olly

Skwatcher Evostar 80 ED DS Pro with Baader SteelTrack focuser, FLO 2" to SW adapter, SW 0.85x focal reducer and field flattener, Canon EOS 1100D camera (modded and cooled) with Astrononik CLS CCD filter.

M42-lens + EOS-M42 adaptor + Astronomik CLS clip filter + EOS 450D

EF lens + Astronomik CLS clip filter + EOS 450D

Meade 5000 80mm APO + 2" Field-flattener + EOS-T-Thread adaptor + Astronomik CLS clip filter + EOS 450D

Meade LX10 8" f/10 SCT + Antares f/6.3 focal reducer + SCT-T-thread adapter + T-thread spacer + TS OAG 9T2 + Astronomik CLS clip filter + EOS 450D

Meade LX10 8" f/10 SCT + Revelation SCT Crayford focuser + TV Barlow lens + 1.25" webcam adapter + ToUCamPro webcam

My twin wide-field DSO rig :- Each camera - Vivitar M42 thread 200mm f3.5 telephoto lens, M42 to EOS adapter, 1100D (modded and cooled) one with Astronomik Ha clip filter and the other with Astronomik OIII clip filter.

White light solar: Baader film filter -> ST80 -> dead barlow used as a spacer -> Baader solar continuum filter -> 0.96ND filter -> IR cut filter -> 1.25" nosepiece -> QHY5 Mono

Planetary: 250PX Newtonian -> 2x Barlow -> IR cut filter -> 1.25" nosepiece -> QHY5 Mono

Deep sky: 150P Newtonian -> 2" Light pollution filter -> Baader MPCC -> spacer -> manual filterwheel with Baader LRGBHa (CCD versions which include IR cut coating) -> SXV-H9 Mono

Lunar - skymax 127, baader ir/uv cut filter, DMK21

Planets pretty much the same as above, I occasionally try adding in a baader RGB filter to the nose peice for colour, but I wasn't very good at that.

Solar, PST with and without TV2.5 Barlow and a DMK21.

DSO, hotech 2" SCA SXOAG, SXFW(with baader LRGB+Ha, OIII, SII filters) SXH9 mono.

Cheers ant

Pentax 75 - 2" nosepiece - M48 adaptor - Filter wheel with Baader LRGB and NB filters - T thread adaptor - CCD

I don't need a reducer / flattener as the Pentax has it built in - So no spacing issues !!!

Same - inbuilt flattener simplifies things greatly. Also the scope focuser has a lockable rotator.

post-9952-0-96598300-1352561870_thumb.jp

Upclose:

post-9952-0-68867000-1352561875_thumb.jp

Pentax -> M84-to-M54 -> 50mm ext tube -> ATIK OAG -> EFW2 -> 383L, guide cam is an old 16ic. I can swap bits (including cam) for a Titan (bright objects such as moon or sun). There's a Baader Neodymium on the ext nose, then Baader LRGB in the filterwheel. This allows the OAG to see through the light polution..

I can also fit a televue 2x 2" powermate between the focuser and the extension tube (or after the ext tube.. I can never remember!). Lastly I'd like to replace the extension tube with a borg helical focuser and motorise it as the pentax focuser is 1x speed only!

All for DSO's...

From the Feathertouch, needed for front focus and support;

Baader RCCI Rowe CC

Baader Varilock T2 extension ring

SX OAG with SX Superstar

SX FW

SBIG ST8300

I have given up trying to do this on the cheap !!

Gordon.

Archived