Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CLS astronomic clip in filter

williamnohair

Has anyone any experience of one of these? my seeing is blighted by a red glow which will appear if I go longer that two minutes at ISO 400 doesn't matter if I change any settings still get that red glow. This filter seems the bees knees but is a trifle expensive and getting it passed the missus is going to be difficult

Bill

Has anyone any experience of one of these? my seeing is blighted by a red glow which will appear if I go longer that two minutes at ISO 400 doesn't matter if I change any settings still get that red glow. This filter seems the bees knees but is a trifle expensive and getting it passed the missus is going to be difficult

Bill

+1

Hi Bill, i have been looking at various filters as i have now ordered a DMK + Baader LRGB CCD filter set, I found a really neat addition i may buy in the future its called a 'CANON DSLR T-RING with 2" Filter Container with UHC-S FILTER', http://www.365astronomy.com/canon-dslr-tring-with-2-filter-container-with-uhcs-filter-p-2577.html it takes any 2" filter, you unscrew a few grub screws & swap in your next filter, not sure if it;s any advantage over the Astronomik Clip filters but where as the Clip in filter has a retangular filter section in the centre this thing means you have the entire circular area covered by a filter, without buying & testing one i can't give a deffinate opinion but it's worth a look.

That Baader solution looks ideal for use with full frame cameras when they are mounted on scopes or using older T-mount camera lenses..

For APS-c sized sensor Canon cameras I use the the Astronomik Clip-in filters and I also have the Hutech MFA setup which allows thin celled 1.25" filters to be mounted inside the camera body...

Both those solutions allow you to use the filters with camera lenses for widefield work and would work well with your 200/2.8....

Peter...

Archived