Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telescope storage : Where do you keep yours..

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My grab and go kit lives under our bed (the alu carry cases fit just right). The bigger fracs currently live in the front room (along with the 8SE in the boxes the mount and tube came in) - I am informed that this WILL be a temporary state of affairs (better get my thinking cap on for an alternative!). Tripods live by the back door (in the kitchen).

I keep my scopes set up in the domeless observatory...... Ok it's a garden shed but the temperature is right and its an easy job to get them into the garden :p . The heater goes on once I've taken the scope out (nice for a warmup when it gets too cold) and I have a dehumidifier which goes on a timer for a couple of hrs after I pack up.

Scott

I keep my Nexstar 90 on its tripod collapsed in a space I made between a bookcase and a cupboard. It is secured from falling over by a number of hooks on the wall and bungies. Handy for grabbing and taking straight out, but perhaps not the best place for it. I was thinking about making a wooden cabinet with insets to hold it securely. I'm not sure if I should put that in the garage, shed or in the house where it currently sits.

In the wardrobe in a spare bedroom along with all my other astro gear, out of site out of wife's mind. Only downside is I have to carry it up and down the stairs to use it but let's be honest if that happens 30 times a year that's a good uk observing year lol

I keep most of the gear in the shed and the OTA's in the house in various locations!

The SCT's are in a wardrobe, the small refractors are in a cupboard, oh the large refractor is also in the shed slung from the roof.

The shed is insulated and keeps a fairly constant temp so I could keep the OTA's out there too but don't want all my eggs in one basket so to speak

even though the the house and shed are alarmed.

Archived