G'day from Perth Australia

Skiddiesinmeundies

Strewth in all my excitement I forgot to say Hello to everyone. My name is Jeriah and I am 50 and getting my first Telescope. My beaut wife rallied my family to buy this as a present for me. She has observed me watching the stars just by eye for hours on end for years and wanted to bless me.

Anyway I stumbled across SGL after doing 3 months research for a scope, and thought why not join and get best advice from experienced astonomers. Also the fact that after reading quite a few posts I have already learnt heaps of new stuff.

A big thankyou to all those who replied to my original joining topic on what T/scope to buy. And thanks also for making me feel welcomed and not making me feel dumb as I am new to astronomy (unlike some other sites).

Anyhoo I look forward to being part of a good community and picking your brains. Also sharing my experiences with you as I get more accomplished as an newbie astronomer. Clear skys to all.

Kind Regards

Jeriah

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'll be Blowed :icon_eek: . ( Aussie slang means Gobsmacked ) Thankyou to all and Admin for such a warm welcome. I shared with my wife about SGL and showed her the posts and she was so wrapped for me.Once again thanks for the warm welcome everyone it is much appreciated.

Kind Regards and Clear Skys ( Hehe learnin the lingo ) to all

Jeriah

Archived