Hello from Torquay

DanMcDan

Hi all, just spent the last few days figuring out that Virgin Media had deleted my validation email without telling me, so a belated hello from Torquay.

Have been into Astronomy for a few years now having owned a small 3" Tasco but recently I went on a trip across the USA and spent a night at the McDonald Observatory on Texas, since then I have been trying to sort out a larger scope, now I have got a Skywatcher 200 Dobsonian and recently managed to pickup a EQ5 Mount with dual motors for an attempt at some Astro Photography.

Now I'm just waiting for some clear skies, and a nice trip up onto Dartmoor for some nice black sky.

Dan

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

H Marc, yes I have mounted the 200 onto the Eq5 and the Dob mounts do get in the way a bit, but its nothing major. If i decide to permanently mount on the Eq5 I can just remove them and block the holes.

I have also just about manage to setup Stellarium on my netbook with all the cables onto the Eq5 and use the Skew commands, just waiting to give it a try.

HI Dan and welcome to the forum. I see you have already succumbed to the first temptation in astronomy - looking through someone else's bigger scope! :grin: :grin: :grin: It's formally known as "aperture fever" and before you ask, no there is no cure. We are all sufferers here and it helps to think of stargazers lounge as a type of out-patients department that helps us manage and make bearable this condition. :grin: :grin: Congratulations on your scope by the way and hopefully you will receive some nice clear skies on Dartmoor to put it through its paces.

Clear skies for now and enjoy the forum

James

Archived