Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Belgrade

Kenza

Hi everyone! I just realized i haven't introduced myself. How rude!

My name is Alex, i am 24 years old and come from Belgrade, Serbia. I started out this hobby by only reading books on astronomy and first familiarized myself with the terms, constelations, stars and everything else. Then after 2-3 years I acquired my first scope, the ETX 125. It's a great beginner scope, the only downside of it is the GoTo. I did plenty of moon shots with it and some of Saturn but nothing else. Since i am also a long time amateur photographer, I use my Canon 550d DSLR.

Then it was time to move up the ladder, so just recently I bought the Equinox 120 on an EQ6 Syntrek mount. I intend to do a lot of AP from now on, but i am still a beginner. I know little about guiding and image processing but hope to improve. Here in Serbia, we get a lot of cloudless nights, so that's a start!

Thanks for reading!

Hi Alex and welcome to SGL, nice scope and mount, I have seen some nice images taken with such a set up, using the dedicated SW 0.85 focal reducer. perhaps a copy of Steve Richards " Making Every Photon Count " available through FLO, could help to broaden your knowledge in AP. As you seem to have a surplus of nice clear nights, perhaps you could send some over here, we are a bit short on such a commodity lol :)

John.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Glowjet, unfortunately we don't have Paypal here so i can't buy the book everyone is talking about. Is there a way to buy it without Paypal?

You should come here on an "Astro" holiday, clear skies and plenty of high altitudes! :smiley:

Hi Alex and welcome to the forum. You mention that Serbia has plenty of cloudless nights - that's helped me decide on me holidays then as the U.K resembles the island of Kong at the moment form all the cloud cover we have been experiencing as of late. You have got a great setup with the 120 and the EQ6 so I will look forward to seeing the images that you will be producing and there is a lot of imaging experience with the forum to keep you in good company should you experience any difficulties.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum.

James

Hi Alex and welcome to the forum. You mention that Serbia has plenty of cloudless nights - that's helped me decide on me holidays then as the U.K resembles the island of Kong at the moment form all the cloud cover we have been experiencing as of late. You have got a great setup with the 120 and the EQ6 so I will look forward to seeing the images that you will be producing and there is a lot of imaging experience with the forum to keep you in good company should you experience any difficulties.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum.

James

Looking forward to seeing you here. It's an astronomers haven. I probably won't be making any images right now since I only have the Scope, mount and DSLR. I still have to buy eyepieces, guide scope, guide camera and so on...

Archived