NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Big 20" dob on eBay

mert

TBH I wouldn't be losing sleep if I had bid on it. At that price you could afford to bin three secondaries and you'd still have a bargain.

The bidding would have to get quite a bit higher before I worried about the secondary.......the primary is different. Wouldn't wanna give much over a £1k for one that needed a re-figure. I would go check it out before bidding anymore than its up for now.

Hope your wife gets well soon Matt.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DSC01057

Ive done the step ladder thing,this was a 16" F6 i used to own,having rheumatoid arthritis,some mornings my legs would be in agony!!! ( Im 6ft 5 by the way ).This is one of the things putting me off the 20",im still going to see it sunday but going from what the seller says i thinks its around F5 so its going to be a BIG beast :grin:

You are right - it's 19.5 inches according to the sellers description :smiley:

Haha..............good one.

No, all i meant was that it looks smaller and more compact then say a 20" Obsession scope.

Maybe its just my perception of size.

This 20" Obsession looks much taller,bigger,scarier.

post-5361-0-43264200-1350071920_thumb.jp

Haha..............good one.

No, all i meant was that it looks smaller and more compact then say a 20" Obsession scope.

Maybe its just my perception of size.

This 20" Obsession looks much taller,bigger,scarier.

Yes I agree. I recall the 1st time I saw a 16" Meade Lightbridge close to - it seemed immense. There were a couple at the SGL Star Party but then someone set up a 20" dob and the 16" Meades looked quite compact suddenly !

"There's always a bigger fish", as Qui Gon Jinn says :smiley:

Archived