Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

can some one recommend a good eye piece

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Daniel, whilst Plossl's give great views the eye relief on an 8mm would be very short, around 4.5mm. The minimum Plossl I’d personally feel comfortable using would be a 12mm and I don’t wear glasses.

You don’t mention a budget but I can highly recommend the BST 8mm from Skies the Limit on ebay. I’ve also heard good things about the TMB designed range for the same seller.

I hope this helps.

The bst`s will work superbly in the mak, absolutely no need to pay any more for a higher price ep, if your only looking at getting one ep, go for the 12mm bst and then a decent barlow at a later date

got to be different here, everyone says the bsts are good which they are but i find the ts/hrs better more natural colour i found a yellow tint with the bsts, if your interested the ts,s are at modern astronomy and around the same price as the bst,s heres the link

http://www.modernastronomy.com/eyepieces.html#hrPlanet

No worries in being different, for example I prefer my 12.5mm Sterling plossl to my 8mm BST :)

It's just a shame a sterling plossl is quite a pain to get hold of, but the views are fantastic, and it's 55 deg FOV is fantastic for a plossl.

I have never even seen one but these BST eyepieces seem to be the in vouge fashion item at the moment, not expensive and by all accounts very good. My advice is buy one around 12mm.

There is also an 8mm for the next emptying of the wallet.

Alan.

I have never even seen one but these BST eyepieces seem to be the in vouge fashion item at the moment, not expensive and by all accounts very good. My advice is buy one around 12mm.

There is also an 8mm for the next emptying of the wallet.

Alan.

They are in vogue for a very good reason, they are superb ep`s for the price

They are in vogue for a very good reason, they are superb ep`s for the price

It may have been cheaper for me to have found this out before I filled a cabinet with Televues. I did look at these in the States years ago, at least I think it was these, called something like "Paradigum" double ED if I remember right. I beleve it was Astro Pro that had their mark on them. The guy in the shop was waxing lyical about them, I bought an Aero 40mm well that was what they were called here, didn't like it, soft edges. Wish I had got two of these instead, they were really cheap.

Alan

I reckon the Astro Tech Paradigms are the same eyepiece as the BST Explorers but cost a fair bit more. Unusual for us to have something less expensive than the folks on the other side of the pond !

I reckon the Astro Tech Paradigms are the same eyepiece as the BST Explorers but cost a fair bit more. Unusual for us to have something less expensive than the folks on the other side of the pond !

To the very best of my knowledge these are the same eyepieces, i read a report on the Astro Tech from cloudy nights, when i looked at getting my BST set, and they look identical, very good value

ED glass elements are good to have providing the other matching elements they are working with are the right type of glass too !

Clearly they have got this right with the BST Explorers though.

Archived