NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pacman in halpha

marcoverstraaten

I spent multiple nights on getting subs for a Hubble palet version, but clouds spoiled the party and left me with halpha subs only for this moment. The moon is rising so I have to wait to be able to collect more OIII (& SII). Can't wait to post the Hubble version! :)

In total 3 hours (only, need more) of 5nm. filtered halpha subs, so it's still a bit noisy. With a 10 inch f8 RC and a QSI583WSG. Guiding with a SXV AOL with lodestar. Mount = Gemini G42+.

NGC281ha.jpg

The moon definitely affects NB but not as much - the narrower the filter bandwidth the less of the moonlight reaches the image whereas the nebulosity contains just one (or two or so) single wavelengths which pass through the filter virtually unattenuated.

The moon definitely affects NB but not as much - the narrower the filter bandwidth the less of the moonlight reaches the image whereas the nebulosity contains just one (or two or so) single wavelengths which pass through the filter virtually unattenuated.

O111 is far worse hit by the moon than Ha in my experience.

Olly

Archived