NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

When will saturn next be visible in the UK?

I have a Celestron Nexstar 8SE but the only planets that are around at 22:00 - 02:00 are Pluto, Neptune and Uranus.

Does anyone know when Saturn will next be high enough in the sky to view at around those times?

Thanks

You should be able to see Jupiter at that time, quite low in the east.......... It rises about midnight, getting earlier as the year goes on.

Gary

i have not long had my scope and was really looking forward to seeing saturn but that plan has been scraped might have a go when its just visible tonight but its that low in sky wont be that good.

take a trip t te southern hemisphere that will help

I'm afraid it will be a long wait. Saturn is moving ever closer to the Sun, but you might get some opportunities to view it in mid-November, but conditions will be far from ideal as it will be close to the Horizon, and far from opposition.

i have not long had my scope and was really looking forward to seeing saturn but that plan has been scraped might have a go when its just visible tonight but its that low in sky wont be that good.

take a trip t te southern hemisphere that will help

I'm there at the moment, just been looking at saturn and mars. wont be long before they dissapear as the days are getting longer. jupiyer and venus are nice for a quick look before work though :grin: . sorry, i'm spruking now. :p

At least Saturn will be back in view by the time I can afford the telescope that I have my beady eye on!

Currently Saturn being at about 13h38m means it sets rather early at 2140, however as the skies get darker we may just get a view on the horizon just after sunset in a few months.

so when does saturn and mars come back properly is it years or months might have to hibernate untill then lol

May next year for Saturn and April 2014 for Mars. At least you have a scope that is capable of seeing so much more than the planets, so that should keep you busy :smiley:

Archived