Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Red acetate sheets

Astralstroll

For a source of red celophane with a "plus" factor, buy a box of Marks and Spencers dark chocolate cherry liqueurs. Each has a 10x10.5mm sheet of red celophane suitable for all but the largest torches - and the liqueur chocolates are extremely moreish. You might even tempt 'er (or 'im) indoors out to the telescope!

If it is for something like a laptop, Hobby Craft sell A4 sheets of the stuff at something like £2.50 a sheet. Comes in different shades of red as well. I would guess there is a fair sized one around Bristol.

Usually difficult to locate in their stores however, so you will need to search round for it.

Hi,

I use this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lee-Filters-Lighting-Gel-Sheet-787-Marius-Red-/300757605126?pt=Camera_Filters&hash=item46068cdb06

Marius red. It takes a week or two to arrive, but it is excellent at covering white light. IMO, I don't think there is a better red for astronomers, as it doesn't leave you with that "sparkly, over bright" look that some reds leave.

Regards,

Paul

For a source of red celophane with a "plus" factor, buy a box of Marks and Spencers dark chocolate cherry liqueurs. Each has a 10x10.5mm sheet of red celophane suitable for all but the largest torches - and the liqueur chocolates are extremely moreish. You might even tempt 'er (or 'im) indoors out to the telescope!

Just noticed, this should have read "10x10.5cm", not "10x10.5mm". Don'tthink they make liqueur choccies small enough to go into 10mm sized celophane wrappers!

Apologies

Jim.

Find a place with spotlights - they usually have off-cuts lying about. I got red, blue, yellow, green etc. from my local church!

you mean you stole stain glass from your local church, shame on you :grin:

Archived