TheDarkImmortal's Insanely Long Introduction

TheDarkImmortal

Hi there, forum. I've used "TheDarkimmortal" on a few forums now, and it's my XBox Live gamertag, so it just came natural. But I'd be a little more comfortable if you all just want to call me Josh. I hope to have time to be a fairly active member of this community, pending my old computer doesn't puke out on me anytime soon, so we might as well become aquatinted on a more personable (if not not personal) level. Plus, "Josh" will be a lot easier and less time consuming for you to type every time than "TheDarkImmortal". lol.

Now, how 'bout a little about why I'm here? I'm a 28 year old male from Candler, North Carolina, USA. I'm interested in almost all forms of physical science, but have had no formal schooling in any of them, except for a few high school classes. I'm most interested in general astronomy, astrophysics and atomic physics, and trying to bridge the links between the latter two; I think there is something more in common about the properties of the universe and sub-atomic particles that we have yet to discover. I also have some pretty outlandish theories about the nature of multiple dimensions, the creation of galaxies, the big bang, and so on, but will get to those at a later date. I specifically hunted out this type of forum because of a theory I want to propose, and get feedback on, about the similarities in the structures of galaxies and individual solar systems, which I'll get into as soon as I find the right place to bring it up. lol :\

Okay. A little more about me. You know my name, age, gender, and location, but WHO AM I? Well, I'm an agnostic, for one. I'm also a walking contradiction. Everything I believe, I also disbelieve; everything I love, I also hate. And vice-versa. I jokingly attribute it to the fact that I am both a gemini, and an only child - I'm the twins, stuck in one body. lol. I've had a few different jobs in the last fourteen years. I've worked in a handful of fast food places starting out, and finally moved up into real restaurants; washing dishes, cooking, prepping, waiting, bar tending, whatever made me money. I also have about five years in the home construction business. Most of that time was spent as a framing carpenter, though I also have small amounts of vinyl siding, plumbing, roofing, and seamless gutter experience. I'm also a gamer. SNES, Dreamcast, Gamecube, XBox 360. Been there, done that. These days, I'm an avid Halo, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Gears of War player. I'm a reader too. LotR was nothing. I read the first Dune in one sitting. My favorite series are The Dark Tower and The Hitchhikers Guid to the Galaxy. I listen to almost all forms of music, from Bach to Skrillex; from The Band to All That Remains. Ninety percent of the time, I prefer heavy metal and dubstep, though I have Elvis, Clapton, Garth Brooks, and Eminem in my main playlist as well. I'm very open minded. I'm also very spiritual, and have been on the hunt for my true beliefs for many years (hence calling myself an agnostic). And, if you can't tell, I'm what the internet calls a "grammar [removed word]". I'm not trained in proper or formal writing styles, but I do the best I can running with nothing more than a high school diploma. But I do get ahead of myself sometimes - I've been known to miss a keystroke, or leave a whole word out altogether, so bear with me, friends. I also like to make REALLY long rants about nothing, if you can't tell, though I will stay on topic for the rest of my time on these forums.

And one last selfish plug, if I may (please don't banhammer me for this, I'm just lonely. lol). If you enjoy humor about video games, Stargate and Farscape, Star Wars, McDonald's, bad memes, and American society (sometimes on a slightly offensive note, so take caution), check out my new "share page", Master Seph 117, found at facebook.com/MySwordDoesntNeedEnergy. Gimme a like if you would. That where I spend most of my time now. Thanks guys.

You might be wondering at this point why I'm dropping so much info right off the bat. Well, it's because I want anyone that gets involved in any of my topics or conversations to know, that while I'm far from an expert on ANY topic, let alone the ones we will be discussing here, I'm also no backwoods dummy. I have a pretty good understanding of the universe and the way things work. But there will also be times when I get left behind, and I might seem the dumb kid in the back of the class, raising his hand every five seconds for an explanation. Bear with me, and I think we can blow each other's minds.

Thank you for your time and patience with this unnecessarily long and personal intro, and may you all have long days and pleasant nights.

I can't wait to be part of the family.

Josh - "TheDarkImmortal"

So far, so good. I haven't been hated on yet, so I'm happy. lol. Thanks for the welcome, Paul; shortness doesn't bother me. I know not everyone has the lack of life I do at the moment, and therefore the time to write for so long. And I figured out where to post my first question set.

Josh,

Welcome to the forum - new ideas are always interesting - looking forward to hearing your views!! The forum is a great source of info. for all things astro, particularly when looking for a scope!!

HI Josh and welcome to the forum. Well you've explained a ot abut yourself which of course can only be a good thing - you are amongst friends here. We're all beginners here really as we can learn it all and what we think we know is constantly changing.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum.

James

Archived