Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Warwickshire Starparty 2012

Hello,

There is going to be a star party held on 15th September 2012 at Harbury Rugby FC in Warwickshire, not too far from Leamington Spa post code CV33 9JN.

If you are interested in attending please visit www.onlineastronomysociety.com or contact events@onlineastronomysociety.com further details are posted in the forum section. If you would like to attend please book soon as places are very limited.

Thank you :)

Nice photo Laser Jock :smiley:

Is that Chesterton Windmill?

We went there last summer to get some images during the day.It clouded over then after it was a nice clear blue sky morning :shocked:

Yes- that's Chesterton Windmill, maybe a mile or so from where the star party is.

The sky behind the windmill is from Wales though- it's a Photoshop mock up of what I'd like Warwickshire's sky to look like! The reallity is probably more like this.....

WINDMILL_STARS4.jpg

Still.....80% of Warwickshire streetlights are due to switch of after midnight soon.

It will be interesting to see what difference the switch off will make??

I should probably do some before & after shots- should be quite easy if they all go off on time?

There's already plenty of local oposition- even though it hasn't started yet. Please can I re-iterate my plea to local astronomers to give the council positive feedback on the scheme?

Feedback form here:

https://www.warwicks...ight lighting~6~

Thanks

I should probably do some before & after shots- should be quite easy if they all go off on time?

There's already plenty of local oposition- even though it hasn't started yet. Please can I re-iterate my plea to local astronomers to give the council positive feedback on the scheme?

Feedback form here:

https://www.warwicks...ight lighting~6~

Thanks

Yes that would be a good idea LJ. :smiley:

Archived