Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn repros

si@nite

There nice shots simon. you do have some fuzz on the rings. darkening helps a bit. But then you lose the crepe a bit more. I reckon your monitor might be on the darker side compared to mine. as i just managed to darken the fuzz away a bit more. and only lost a little crepe. Ill post a example if needed. But if your monitor is a bit dark. ( could be that mine is in fact bright ) Its hard to judge levels with so many variations on monitors. But just wanted to mention. incase you thought your monitor was a little dark. The cassini at the front is good simon. As is belt detail

There nice shots simon. you do have some fuzz on the rings. darkening helps a bit. But then you lose the crepe a bit more. I reckon your monitor might be on the darker side compared to mine. as i just managed to darken the fuzz away a bit more. and only lost a little crepe. Ill post a example if needed. But if your monitor is a bit dark. ( could be that mine is in fact bright ) Its hard to judge levels with so many variations on monitors. But just wanted to mention. incase you thought your monitor was a little dark. The cassini at the front is good simon. As is belt detail

Thanks Neil, example would be nice, been trying out different software for processing other than gimp, one of them on a thirty day free trial but is a big improvement giving me more options. Regards , SIMON.

Thanks Rob hope your gettin out on the clear nights. Regards SIMON.

Last Saturday , 16th , Darwin "DAGS" Darwin astro group's dark sky night .

I watched saturn cross the maridian for 4 hours , at 360x using my NG 127mm triplet , the planet looked like this at moments of good seeing .

Didn't think I would see this again , thanks for the remind .

Good to see.

Brian.

Archived