NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Yorkshire / Middle East

Engy Benjie

Hi, my name is Ben. I'm currently living in Leeming, North Yorkshire but i'm currently working in the middle east for the next few months. I have been interested in Astronomy for a few years now and only recently sold my little setup before coming out here to raise a bit of cash. I'm looking to start a fresh when i get back home as i'm starting an OU course in Astronomy in Feb.

I never got the chance to use my old scope up north so i'm also looking to find new spots and hopefully meet up with some people to learn more.

I did get the chance to see the transit recently, although it had to be in the form of a card board tube stuck together with black nasty and a bit of tin foil stolen from the cook house. But it did the job and managed to inspire a few people to stick around and watch for a while.

Wishing you all clear skies.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for a warm welcome. I'm currently internet window shopping for a new setup. I've been into photography for a good few years now but not sure i want to get bitten by the astrophotography bug. I'm sure that would kill my credit card. My budget is around £2000 and i want it to be fairly portable as i will need to travel to find some dark skies, but i also want to stay quite flexible and be able to dabble if i have the desire.

Archived