Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC4725 & NGC4712 L

MikeD

Hi guys,

I stumbled across this nice pair while scanning skymap pro for galaxies in a good area of sky for me (coma Berenices) last night.

At only 2.5 hours this needs more time (tonight hopefully) to bring down the noise and bring out the other background galaxies but pleased with it so far.:clouds2:

15 @ 600 seconds through my HX916 and 10" newt (lp filtered with a astronomik CLS filter)

I was also shooting the same target with a QHY8 OSC and 80Ed at the same time but haven't had a chance to look at that data yet.

Mike.

picture.php?albumid=1350&pictureid=17370

post-13376-133877772923_thumb.jpg

Thats a good start Mike.

I've been looking for a decent galaxy to have a close up pop at until a decent Ha target comes around, think I just found one thanks :)

Thanks all for the kind comments.:headbang:

I only managed to grab another 40 mins of usable data last night.

With that and a little more careful processing I think I have a better result, smother background and the faint fuzzies in the background are coming through better.:)

Mike.

picture.php?albumid=1350&pictureid=17417

post-13376-133877773887_thumb.jpg

Very nice result so far Mike, the faint outer arms are coming through nicely after the extra 40 mins of data.

This is one of those targets that's been on my list for ages, but I've never got around to imaging it.

Rob

This is one of those targets that's been on my list for ages, but I've never got around to imaging it
... And I never knew it was there :) (I've made a note of it for next year though :headbang:)

You've got some lovely detail beginning to show through - It'll be interesting to see your colour version of this too...

Archived