Hello from Berkshire

Richardisgreat

Hi I have just bought my first telescope today from Valleyman (SGL Member) He suggested i should register on here and introduce myself. I bought his Skywatcher 200p Flextube Goto. I also own a pair of Revelation 15x70 Binoculars which have given me some great views of Jupiter and moons and the plieades look awsome with thease binos. I cant wait to get outside and start having a play. I am also a member of Astronomy Forums link: http://www.astronomyforum.net Just want to wish you all clear skies and happy viewing.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Afternoon all

I'm Lou from Wiltshire, quite a newbie! Starting with a pair of Celestron 15x70 binoculars, going to get a mount (on a budget) to help keep them steady, any advice gladly received!

Clear skies to all,

Lou

Hi lou, i bought a cheap tripod for my binos for about £30, they do quite well as long as you dont touch them when viewing, they can get quite a wobble on ;) I have viewed the orion nebular as a faint grey smudge and like i say Jupiter as a bright white disk no detail at all on the planet but a lovely sight to see 3 of the moons around Jupiter. For me the Pliades were the best sight of all, they looked like diamonds scattered across the field of view. It was that and Jupiter that got me hooked. clear skies all.

Archived