Hello all!

Loki Calavera

I recently received a joint birthday present from my family, which turned out to be a Celestron Nexstar 127!

I haven't had much luck with seeing anything yet; since getting it, the inevitable has happened with non-stop cloud and rain (I live in the UK :)).

I had a look over Leeds to get a feel for it, and I'm impressed with the two lenses that came with it (25mm and a 9mm), though I still need to align everything (including the red dot finder).

So much to do! I'm after another lens (the BST Explorers seem quite highly recommended?) and a moon filter. A lens case wouldn't go amiss, not to mention a way of taking some photographs in the future (the Asdacam thread has been a brilliant read by the way :hello2:).

I look forward to picking all of your brains for more and more knowledge!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Loki and welcome to SGL, heres your first tip, as you appear to live in the Leeds area, keep your eye on Maplins, their foam filled flight case is very popular among the members, for lenses and accessories and at a bargain discount at regular intervals :hello2:

John.

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone, and also welcome to squeaky.

You could have had your own thread, but you're more than welcome in mine! :)

I'll no doubt start making some threads shortly in each of the topics for info on lenses, barlows, cases (thanks for the heads up already glowjet) and filters :hello2:

Archived