SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

South Wales Group Star Party Bookings

Matthew

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see everyone this weekend - I'm still drying my kit though! Who'd have thought dew could be so wet, eh? :)

I've just uploaded the 'mugshots' and other snaps I took; here:-

http://www.pbase.com/maljohns/star_party_oct_2012

:grin: :grin:

Thanks for posting Mal, I recognize some of the usual suspects. Glad you guys had a good time. Hope I will be able to make it to the next star party.

Cheers

What a great weekend - where to start - thanks to Matt first - it was a real shame you couldn't make it in the caravan Matt but really nice to see you on both nights even if you did run off with Helens last Welsh cake.

A few mug shots first - what a great bunch of blokes and so nice to meet all of you - Dave, David and Tich thanks big time for helping with the tent I would still be there now without you.

med_gallery_19097_2115_405834.jpg

Martin (Deadhead), Dave (Firefox) Len (Lenny Lovit) Tich (apparantly christened at birth as such lol), Robert (Woodbob) David (Mr Flibble), Me (Stevetynant) and Mal (MJWales)

med_gallery_19097_2115_1633650.jpg

I think we were pretty lucky with everything to be honest - it might have been cold, sometimes foggy and wet (Monsoon like wet for some on Thursday) but we got plenty of observing in - made new friends, and the sun did shine

Nice to meet Helen and see Matt again pity both of you couldn't stay but just really enjoyed myself with old friends and new. Plenty of highlights for me - solar viewing for the first time thanks to Mals new Frac, the Veil was stunning through Davids 12 Inch Dob and 4 new Messiers to add to my meagre total the highlight of which was the Wild Duck Cluster.

Funniest moment of the weekend went to Len trying to get what appeared to be an aluminium 4 poster bed into his new tent which was only slightly bigger than a Wendy house - classic Len ;0)

I guess a few pictures tell a thousand words so hope you enjoy - and thanks to everyone for their company - looking forward to next years already (Matt if your reading - count me out of February's - took an hour to chizel the ice off my tent this morning - gotta invest in some kind of heater for next time)

Len getting some Solar Viewing done

med_gallery_19097_2115_2989832.jpg

Len and Dave pondering the Universe

sml_gallery_19097_2115_297609.jpg

Tich getting some maintenance done

sml_gallery_19097_2115_709948.jpg

More group maintenance therapy

sml_gallery_19097_2115_1509583.jpg

Mals new scope- fantastic views all day and well into the night

med_gallery_19097_2115_1325897.jpg

David and Martin at the beer festival

sml_gallery_19097_2115_1790713.jpg

Bob Dylan wannabee at the festival (actually brilliant guitarist but could have done with a few more ales to put up with voice)

sml_gallery_19097_2115_203431.jpg

Amazing scopes on display - this ones Daves (Firefoxs)

med_gallery_19097_2115_854940.jpg

Clear nights - not perfect but considering the week we've had could have been a lot worse

med_gallery_19097_2115_222044.jpg

The morning after the night before

med_gallery_19097_2115_125252.jpg

See you all next year :0)

Can't wait for the next time but god I hate my picture taken LOL

I had a quick mess around with the Milky Way Shots I did on Saturday too, I know it's not the best but I like it.

MilkyWayA.jpg

Until next year (hopefully) :grin:

Archived